Thursday, January 15, 2015



Much better!

As I wrote a little further down, I wasn't all that happy with the lens hood that came with the Panasonic Leica DG 25mm 1.4. It was simply too bulky!

Having read somewhere that the lens hood of the Panasonic Leica DG Macro 45mm 2.8 has the same mount and would therefore fit on the 25mm but being much shorter, I didn't hesitate and ordered one.
In the picture above, you can see the result.

For comparison, here's another picture with the original lens hood:



What a difference! I think, the shorter one fits the lens much better and I'm sure it's long enough to prevent image flair, too. I wonder why Panasonic set up the shorter focal length with a longer lens hood and vice versa... ?

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post you comments and let me know what you think of my blog.